Leadership Skills for Project Managers
Onsite Workshop with Dr. James Brown
This course provides participants with leadership skills to successfully navigate all the challenges in a demanding project environment, including information on team building, communication, human behavior, and leadership.
After completion of this course the participant will be able to:
- Identify the traits of successful leaders and emulate the characteristics of successful leaders
- Build a strong team
- Establish consensus
- Recognize the importance of being an observer and learner of human behavior
- Understand the importance of relationship building to achieving project success
- Appreciate what motivates different individuals within project teams
- Know the different types of power leaders can use
- Conduct effective meetings
- Engage team members to resolve issues
- Establish processes to communicate effectively
- Create escalation strategies to facilitate resolution of complex problems
- Tactfully deal with stakeholders on sensitive issues
- Lead a project to successful completion
Leadership skills for Project Managers can be customized in length to fit your needs and is specifically targeted for project managers, project team members, and project stakeholders.
What Others Are Saying
I learned a tremendous amount along the broad spectrum of leadership, and I would very highly recommend this class. It was really a bargain too!
— Janice Strama
Dynamic presenter, very informative, key leadership information for implementation in project management that I can apply immediately. Very insightful & worthwhile. Can be practically applied to my work scenarios.”
— R. Bergman ADT Security Systems, Inc.
Initially we brought James in for just one class that happened to be Leadership Skills for Project Managers. The class had such a profound impact on my staff that we rolled it out globally to all IT project managers and then added other classes. Usually people have to be pressured to attend training but James's classes essentially sell out when scheduled. Most importantly, I see increased proficiency among my project managers that translates to bottom line results.”
— Christy Woodruff Global CIO of Siemens Energy
The program was both challenging and thought provoking. It challenged me to look for ways to strengthen my leadership as a project manager.”
— H. Eady Chick-fil-A
Excellent + usable info and lots of good reminders about practical situational remedies."
— A. Bender NCR
Great, informative, engaging and really enjoyable."
— T. Pichardo Emory University
The ideas discussed during today's program are clear, concise and inspire me to try anew. A truly well spent day.”
— N. Meinert Emercon Services
Dr. Brown is the best of the best when it comes to project management. Leading companies in the business of project management choose Dr. James T. Brown when they need project management expertise and he was chosen to evaluate and update the curriculum of one of the largest project management training companies.