Project Management Presentation Skills
Onsite Workshop with Dr. James Brown
Effective communication is critical to project management success. A critical aspect of communication is your ability to make presentations. Your presentation skills reflect on you, the project, the team and the organization. Like any craft, presentation skills can be learned and there are tactics and tricks to becoming an effective presenter.
In this course you will discover everything necessary to create and deliver successful presentations. Even if you don’t like giving presentations you will master the secrets to comfortably and confidently deliver presentations that communicate what is necessary and bolsters your credibility with the audience.
After completion of this course you’ll be able to:
- Outline an informative presentation
- Outline a persuasive presentation
- Create an effective elevator speech for their project
- Conduct presentations across teleconferences and webinars
- Tailor a presentation for the decision makers/audience
- Identify the ten things needed to analyze the audience
- Balance stories, illustrations, examples, PowerPoint and content
- Handle questions, disruptions and conflicts effectively
- Simplify technical jargon to increase audience understanding and acceptance
- Avoid common presentation mistakes
- Make the audience remember the main points of the presentation
- Augment a presentation with a compatible white paper
- Learn how to prepare effectively to ensure professional and confident delivery
This course can be customized to your time schedule and is created for project managers, project team members, project stakeholders.
What Others Are Saying
In most seminars, I've gained one or two ideas... after the Presentation Skills Seminar I have tons of ideas and information to implement them.”
— C. Delby Sammons Financial Group
Informative, focused, provided information to improve presentation effectiveness.”
— S. Coffin Siemens
Wonderful information, delivery and duration. Thank You.”
— R. Cusanelli Harris Corporation
It was a great learning experience... understanding how to get a presentation into results. It provided me with lots of confidence and tools to go out and do my best.”
— S. Jain HSBC
Dr. Brown provides excellent delivery of how to prepare and give presentations. Very effective tips and tools given in the course to make me a better project manager. ”
— J. Bendel Enercon
Wonderful! Dr. Brown's charismatic presentation style is endearing and keeps you actively listening and participating all day. THANK YOU!!”
— M. Dade Blackboard
James T. Brown Ph.D., president of SEBA® Solutions Inc., a Registered Education Provider for the Project Management Institute, has provided training and consulting services for dozens of companies nationally and internationally. He has sixteen years of NASA experience that includes “hands on” experience as a team member, project manager and serving in executive level organizational leadership roles.