Project Management Solutions
Onsite Workshop with Dr. James Brown
This course covers the entire project management process. Participants are provided with a comprehensive knowledge base of practical, “hands on”, project management skills that can be immediately applied in the work environment. Participants will go over the key elements for success as a project manager and project team member.
After completion of this course you’ll be able to:
- Understand the project management process and the benefit of its effective application
- Develop and use project selection tools
- Generate and define a comprehensive set of project requirements
- Establish a Work Breakdown Structure for a project
- Generate project cost through proper application of estimating methods
- Schedule a project
- Manage and control project outcomes through application of earned value and variance analysis techniques
- Execute proper project risk management techniques
- Guide a project team through appropriate application of leadership and communication skills
- Close out a project
This course can be customized in length to fit your needs and is specifically targeted for project managers, project team members, and project stakeholders.
What Others Are Saying
I like his approach—It's realistic, pragmatic, and there's a lot of common sense involved which makes it easy to understand.
— Tony Vita
I'm taking Dr. James Brown's course, and it is excellent. It's obvious that he has been there and done that in project management.
— Lyn Dokoozian
His depth of knowledge in both the practical and academic realm coupled with his passion and enthusiasm made him a marvelous presenter.
— Michael Callahan
Great in all aspects of teaching and delivery of a class. Simple and enjoyable to everyone. Great instructor and great leader.”
— S. Elmihi
Dr. Brown combines class content, technology, relevant examples, common sense and superb instructional skills to offer a valuable learning experience. I look forward to his next class.”
— J. Jensen
Booz Allen Hamilton
I really enjoyed the way Dr. Brown takes a common sense approach to project management and understands that it is the skill of the person, not the process that makes a good project manager.”
— K. Matherne
This was an excellent program for both new and seasoned project managers. Dr. Brown shares his real world, practical experience on how to be a more effective project manager.”
— L. Dokoozian