Project Management Process – An Effective Strategy
Many models can gauge project management process maturity. There is nothing inherently wrong with these maturity models, but keep in mind that the models are generic. They cannot apply to all situations, and many organizations may be at varying levels of maturity depending upon the purview or aspect to which the model is applied or from which the organization is viewed. With that said, the following list reveals tips that are applicable for any process maturity level.
- Leadership recognizes that the process is a strategy
- People follow the process to accomplish the work
- The process instills discipline, integrity and accountability
- There is a single owner for each process, and he or she is known to the organization
- There is a change control method for the process