How to Facilitate Project Success with Optimal Program Management
The Handbook of Program Management by Dr. James Brown
336-page Hardcover Book by Dr. James BrownBuy Now from Amazon
As a program manager, you are a leader who must create, manage, and continually improve a culture that ensures the success of your project managers.
Establishing and maintaining processes that greatly reduce the chances of project failure is vital to achieving a competitive edge for your company.
The Handbook of Program Management gives program managers at all levels the techniques, processes and tools to consistently integrate new technology and new people into these processes, thus producing superior products and services.
Dr. James Brown, an internationally recognized authority in program and project management, explains how to strike a crucial balance between operations and project implementations.
What Others Are Saying
I liked the direct tone that he used and the pragmatic content made it feel like I had a personal mentor. It made the book a real pleasure to read.
— Melanie Carasso
Dr. Brown's book provides realistic examples of how to implement program management in your organization. I found it very helpful.
— Tana Nash
Outlining the differences between the roles of program and project managers, Dr. Brown provides proven principles for establishing a successful program management culture that is supported by enthusiastic personnel and stakeholders.
With The Handbook of Program Management: How to Facilitate Project Success with Optimal Program Management, you’ll be able to:
- Readily adapt to changing business conditions and turn chaos into clarity
- Establish processes that ensure the success of your project managers
- Mentor and coach project managers in terms of stakeholder management
- Make strategic program process decisions that positively impact your culture
- Build strong teams on multiple levels
- Deliver improved products and services that continually outpace your competition
- Plan an effective program execution
- Increase the profitability of your products and services
- Manage risk in an environment of uncertainty
- Obtain the skills to incorporate new technology and people into your processes
As a program manager, it’s crucial that you have the understanding and processes necessary to deliver projects on schedule, within target costs, and that meet customer expectations. Nowhere else will you find such comprehensive, authoritative information on meeting the new standards of program management—Dr. Brown’s The Handbook of Program Management: How to Facilitate Project Success with Optimal Program Management is your go-to resource.